Italian Anisette Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"I’m British, so naturally, I love the licorice flavor in Italian anisette cookies. You can certainly replace the anise extract in this recipe with lemon or vanilla extract if you have people who love the texture of these cookies, but not the licorice flavor. They will taste delicious either way, I promise! These anisette cookies are a holiday dessert favorite, just like my Thumbprint Cookies that everyone goes crazy over. Whether you choose to make these cookies with anise or without, they always seem to be a crowd-pleaser. Since this recipe makes a lot of cookies, they also make the perfect treats to bring along to a holiday gathering or family get-together."
NotesPlease visit AmandasCookin for the full recipe!
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
For a dish that will make dinner easy as 1, 2, 3, look no further than the World's Most Irresistible Chicken. This chicken dinner is… Continue reading: "World's Most Irresistible Chickenvideocam"
- Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Real Deal Lemon Bars
- 21 No Bake Cookies & Cookie Bars
- Monster Cookie for One
- No Bake Cookies Too Dry or Gooey? Here's Why
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- Amish Butterhorn Cookies
- No Bake Turtle Cookies
- Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies
- Easiest No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cake Mix Donuts
- Shrimp And Ravioli
- Dairy Free Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chicken Green Chile Tamales Recipe
- Chicken Mole Tacos With Dona Maria Sauce
- Instant Pot Hearty Beef Barley Stew
- Lemon Sugar Cookies With White Chocolate Drizzle
- Pork Ribeye Roast Cuban Mojo Tacos
- One Skillet Cheesy Chicken Chili
- Saskatoon Berry Pancakes
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes