This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
"These carrot cake sandwich cookies have a soft and chewy oatmeal cookie base that’s packed with shredded coconut, carrots, and raisins with a delicious cream cheese frosting spread between them. Some may call these carrot cake whoopie pies, others may call them carrot cake sandwich cookies. They’re one and the same! These cookies are made with all the favorite flavors of an Easter dessert but are amazing year-round. Carrot cake has become a family favorite dessert recipe around here. "
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time30 min
Cooking Vessel Sizeelectric Mixer, Sheet Pan, Wire Cooling Racks
- 3 cups Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Carrot Shredded
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 4 tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cup powdered Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 half sheet pans with parchment paper or silpat liners.
Whisk together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
Visit https://amandascookin.com/carrot-cake-sandwich-cookies/ for full printable recipe.
Read NextBlueberry Shortbread Crumble Bars
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use