Chicken & White Bean Chili
Basic chili recipes are perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Try Chicken & White Bean Chili for a rich and creamy delight. Crumble some crackers on top and enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (4-ounces) green chilies, chopped
- 2 cans (15.5-ounces) cannellini beans
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 1 cup plain 0 % Chobani greek yogurt
- Heat oil in Dutch oven. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in garlic. Add chicken, salt, cumin, oregano, pepper, cayenne and cook, stirring regularly until chicken is cooked through.
- Add chilies, beans and stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 30 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in Chobani yogurt and cream (if desired). Taste for seasoning, ladle into bowls, and serve with a wedge of cornbread or crackers.
Read NextOne Pot Vegetarian Chili Mac
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jan 29, 2012
Proofreading before posting this recipe would be appreciated: minced garlic or garlic powder? beans added twice? yogurt or cream?
Jan 30, 2012
Hi, Casamoto. Thank you for your feedback. We have updated the recipe to clear up any inconsistencies or alleviate any confusion. Hope this helps! We apologize for any inconvenience. --Editors of RecipeLion
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use