We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This enchilada recipe saves you time from centering the filling on a tortilla and rolling it up. Instead, you just build a few layers by simply stacking up tortillas, chicken fillings, enchilada sauce and cheese in your crock pot. Then, let your slow cooker handle the rest. You don’t have to turn on the oven on a hot summer day for delicious enchiladas. Cheesy and tasty chicken enchiladas stacked in a slow cooker. It's easy to prepare and a great way to use up leftover chicken or meat."
NotesThis recipe can be made gluten-free by using corn tortillas.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time4 hr
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups light cream cheese
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- 1 (20-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnishing (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken, onion, cumin and cream cheese together. Mix well.
Grease the bottom and the sides of a 4- or 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray or a little cooking oil. Pour some enchilada sauce on the bottom (about 1/2 cup).
Place two tortillas at the bottom of the pot, covering most of the bottom part. Spread 1/3 chicken mixture on top of the tortillas; pour a little enchilada sauce on top of the chicken; sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top of the sauce.
Repeat the layers until you run out of the chicken mixture. You should still have some cheese and sauce left.
Finish the layers by topping with two tortillas, then pour the remaining enchilada sauce over. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
When the enchiladas are done, turn off the slow cooker. Uncover, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and cover again until the cheese melts.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Copycat Old Spaghetti Factory Dressing is a super simple salad dressing recipe that you may already love! If you've never tried their… Continue reading: "Copycat Old Spaghetti Factory Dressingvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- How To Make Gummies
- Hearty Chickpea Curry Soup
- Buffalo Sauce Recipe (wing Sauce)
- Malai Khofta
- Beetroot And Chickpea Hummus
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- Pizza Burgers
- Instant Pot Air Fryer Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Instant Pot Chilli Con Carne
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes