We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This enchilada recipe saves you time from centering the filling on a tortilla and rolling it up. Instead, you just build a few layers by simply stacking up tortillas, chicken fillings, enchilada sauce and cheese in your crock pot. Then, let your slow cooker handle the rest. You don’t have to turn on the oven on a hot summer day for delicious enchiladas. Cheesy and tasty chicken enchiladas stacked in a slow cooker. It's easy to prepare and a great way to use up leftover chicken or meat."
NotesThis recipe can be made gluten-free by using corn tortillas.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time4 hr
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups light cream cheese
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- 1 (20-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnishing (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken, onion, cumin and cream cheese together. Mix well.
Grease the bottom and the sides of a 4- or 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick spray or a little cooking oil. Pour some enchilada sauce on the bottom (about 1/2 cup).
Place two tortillas at the bottom of the pot, covering most of the bottom part. Spread 1/3 chicken mixture on top of the tortillas; pour a little enchilada sauce on top of the chicken; sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top of the sauce.
Repeat the layers until you run out of the chicken mixture. You should still have some cheese and sauce left.
Finish the layers by topping with two tortillas, then pour the remaining enchilada sauce over. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
When the enchiladas are done, turn off the slow cooker. Uncover, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and cover again until the cheese melts.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Spicy Chicken Casserole is undeniably delicious for so many reasons. Between your classic chicken casserole aspect, also get a… Continue reading: "Spicy Chicken Casserolevideocam"
- Lazy Days Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Reliable Chicken and Dumplings
- Amish Baked Chicken
- Sheet Pan Korean Chicken and Vegetables
- Lemon Butter Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Panda Express Orange Chicken Copycat
- Oven "Fried" Orange Chicken
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Cheesy Chicken
- 5-Ingredient Stupid Chicken
- Spicy Chicken and Apple Sweet Potato Stir Fry
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Blackened Cod with Garlic Yogurt Aioli
- Minced Meat Dumplings
- Custom Boxes With logo from DnPackaging
- Ranch Beans Chili Mac
- Cabbage Salad with Teriyaki Dressing
- Autumn Harvest Pork Stew
- Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Small Batch Almond Joy Cookies
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes