Simple Mexicana Chicken Bake
Great chicken recipes always make for a perfect family dinner. This delectable recipe is topped with spicy taco sauce and melted cheese. Baked to a cheesy delight, enjoy with rice and beans for the ultimate Mexican dish.
- 4 boneless chicken breast patties
- 1/2 Ortega thick & smooth taco sauce - medium
- 1/2 cup Ortega salsa - homestyle recipe (mild)
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar, plus 1 teaspoon of honey or brown sugar
- 1 cup Sargento 3 cheese southwestern pepper jack blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine taco sauce, salsa and honey in small bowl.
- Place half of sauce mixture on bottom of ungreased 8-inch-square baking dish. Place patties on top of taco sauce mixture; top with remaining sauce mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is hot. Top chicken with cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Check refrigerated patties for doneness after 20 minutes of baking.
Read NextLazy Days Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner