Chicken Smothered in Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
Season chicken with coriander, salt, and pepper. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once or twice, until nearly cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from pan. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to pan drippings. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 3 minutes. Add broth, sherry, soy sauce, and chili oil. Return chicken to pan. Partially cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until chicken is cooked through with no trace of pink and mushrooms are tender, about 4 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
Read NextDump-and-Bake Chicken Marsala
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use