Artichoke and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This dish looks like a gourmet menu item but is so easy to make. The chives, thyme and lemon zest pair perfectly with the mild goat cheese and the chicken.
If you like this chicken breast recipe, be sure to check out our full collection of 27 Tempting Chicken Breast Recipes
- 14 ounces can artichoke bottoms
- 1/2 cup goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated and divided
- 8 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Drain artichokes in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid. Coarsely chop artichoke bottoms. Combine artichokes, cheese, 2 tablespoons chives, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 1 teaspoon lemon rind in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup artichoke mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 chicken breasts, and saute 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside; keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining chicken breasts. Add reserved artichoke liquid, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind to skillet. Combine cornstarch and lemon juice; stir well. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with 2 tablespoons chives.
For more stuffed chicken breast recipes, check out 10 Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes And Cooking Tips Part 1 and 10 Easy Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes And Cooking Tips Part 2.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.