40 Clove Chicken
You might think that the garlic in this recipe - 40 cloves! - would be overpowering, but it isn't at all. They are left whole, so they simply impart a wonderful, delicious flavor. Try it today!
Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
- 8 chicken pieces
- 4 ribs of celery, sliced thinly
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 6 sprigs of parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 French bread or pumpernickel slices, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
2. Rinse the chicken in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Put the oil in a shallow dish or a plate and turn all the chicken pieces in the oil to coat all sides.
4. Lay the celery slices in the bottom of a heavy 6-quart casserole dish with a tight fitting cover.
5. Add parsley and tarragon.
6. Lay the chicken pieces on top and sprinkle with vermouth, 2 teaspoons of the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
7. Pour the oil remaining on the plate into the casserole.
8. Toss in all garlic and sprinkle with the remaining salt.
9. Lay a piece of aluminum foil on top of the casserole to make a tight seal, then place casserole lid on and bake at 375F degrees for 1 1/2 hours without removing the lid.
10. Serve with sliced, toasted French bread or pumpernickel.
Read NextAir Fryer Chicken Fried Rice