Ceviche - seafod marinated in citrus - is very popular in South and Central American. This Panamanian Ceviche recipe will make you understand why.
- 5 lbs. boneless fish fillet (not mackerel)
- 3 white onions, minced
- 2 cups lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 yellow pepper or chili pepper, minced
- 1 green pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, minced (optional)
- 2 or 3 drops Tabasco (optional)
1. Chop the fish in very small pieces, while raw. Flake fish, if possible. Put in a deep glass dish. DO NOT USE METAL.
2. Add other ingredients and mix together thoroughly. Use enough lime juice to cover. The lime juice cooks the fish. Cover and place in refrigerator.
3. This can be prepared two or three days ahead, but must be refrigerated at least six hours before serving. May be served in individual cups, cocktail glasses or party shells; or may be served in bowl and dipped onto crackers (saltine) and eaten as a snack.
Read NextNicaraguan Gallo Pinto