Poor Man Texas Hash
Poor Man Texas Hash is a great casserole recipe for a family on a budget. Not only is it easy to make, but this easy dinner recipe will have your cowboys at home shoveling up fork full after fork full. With ground beef, onions, peppers, rice and more, this is one delicious meal that's packed with flavor and hearty enough to feed the whole family. Grab the reins of your kitchen and enjoy.
Hungry for more frugal recipes? Try this delicious Old Family Cabbage Roll Recipe.
Cooking Time1 hr
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomato (not drained)
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper. Drain.
- Place meat mixture with rest of ingredients in a small casserole. Mix well.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Easy and very tasty!