Jill's Hash Brown Casserole
Casserole recipes like Jill's Hash Brown Casserole is a sure-fire winner in any household. A favorite of all ages, this cheesy potato side dish is welcome at any pot luck, family gathering or holiday table. Not only is it easy to make, it's one of those frugal recipes you can keep on hand for any time.
Find more awesome Campbell's Kitchen recipes like this on our Campbell's profile page.
This recipe was featured in a great collection of other easy casserole recipes; see more like it with 18 Easy Casserole Recipes from Campbell's.
Serves8 (about 1 1/2 cups each)
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time45 min
- 1 can (10 3/4-ounces) Campbell\\\'s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 container (8-ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1 bag (32-ounces) frozen hash-brown potatoes (about 7 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed corn flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir the soup, sour cream, butter, potatoes, onion and cheese in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Season with the black pepper.
Sprinkle the potato mixture evenly with the crushed corn flakes.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.