Cheesy Bread Bites
Hot crispy bread, gooey cheese, and savory scallions pretty much sum up this easy, crowd-pleasing hors dâ€™oeuvre. Itâ€™s always a total hit and one of the best appetizer recipes you can find. Make up this Cheesy Bread Bites dish for your next party.
Serves8 to 12 people
Cooking Time6 min
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf rustic white bread or French baguette
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the broiler. Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes.
- Mix the sour cream, scallions, and the cheeses in a very large bowl. It will be a loose, sticky mixture. Add the bread cubes and mix with your hands until the bread is fully coated with the mixture.
- Spread the cheesy bread cubes on the baking sheet in one even layer. Cook under the broiler for 4 minutes, or until the bread cubes are golden and the cheese is bubbly. Toss the bread with a spoon or spatula, then put the sheet back under the broiler for 2 more minutes.
- Remove and serve while hot. Set out on a platter with a cup of toothpicks so guests can pick up hot cubes of bread without burning their fingers, or do it yourself and spear the cubes on toothpicks before serving.
Read NextStupidly Easy Mexican Casserole