Beef and Salsa Biscuit Bake
Biscuits are topped with mounds of ground beef and cheese to make this hearty casserole recipe. Layer after layer of pure satisfaction, this will become a family favorite. A little spicy and a whole lot of delicious, try Beef Salsa Biscuit Bake.
- 2 (12-ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Ortega salsa - homestyle recipe (mild)
- 1 pound ground beef, fully cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 can (4-ounces) Ortega diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Divide biscuits into quarters; place into prepared baking dish.
- Combine salsa, beef, chiles, peppers, onions and olives in medium bowl. Pour over biscuits.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese and Monterey Jack Cheese; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.