3 Bean Pot
This is a delicious, nutritious, and easy-to-make dish, and you only need one pot. Have the kids help dump all the ingredients in and stir it up. Serve it with corn bread for a hearty, healthy supper.
For variety, add 1 cup of your favorite cooked, diced meat, such as Polish sausage or chicken. It's also a good way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time4 hr
Cooking MethodCasserole, Slow Cooker
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 can (15-ounce) white beans, drained
- 1 can (15-ounce) red beans, drained
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans, drained
- 1 can (8.25-ounce) sliced carrots, well drained
- 2 cans (14.5-ounce) Cajun style stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine all ingredients in large pot (can use slow cooker, and leave on till hot, about 4 hours) or heat on stove till warm.
- Serve with corn bread.
Read NextDorito Beef Casserole