This classic candy has been around for years, and if you want to learn how to make your own homemade licorice, check out this Simple Licorice recipe, a great snack for anyone at anytime.
See this recipe and more in 47 Inexpensive Halloween Candy Ideas.
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Karo syrup
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon anise oil or about 2 to 3 Tbsp. anise extract
- Mix all ingrediens and cook at 232 degrees F. Stir constantly. Do not wash sides of pan down.
- Pour into greased 9-inch x 13-inch pan. Cool in refrigerator.
- Cut into bite size pieces and wrap in waxed paper.
Read NextPoor Man's Turtles