Little Old Lady Lemon Pound Cake
Adding a touch of lemon to a classic pound cake recipe gives it that extra something that will make everyone want a second piece. Little Old Lady Lemon Pound Cake is an old-fashioned recipe for a cake that's full of lemon flavor with just the right amount of sweetness. Pound cakes are great to serve at a church supper, family dinner, or any occasion. Plus, this recipe uses a no muss, no fuss batter.
Makes1 bundt cake
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- For the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, half & half, or buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In an electric mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Keep th mixer on low and add eggs one at a time. Add lemon juice and zest and combine well. Add flour, salt and vanilla. Mix until well-combined, but be careful not to over mix.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake about 1 hour and 30 minutes, until golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- To make the glaze, stir together powdered sugar and milk until you get the desired consistency. For a thicker glaze, use less milk.
- Once cake is cooled, drizzle glaze over the top.
Read NextVintage Cake