Gingerbread Coffee Cake
We all love gingerbread cookies, but why not take our gingerbread obsession to the next level? Why serve the same dessert that never gets eaten? Eat this gingerbread coffee cake and no crumbs will be left behind.
If you like this coffee cake recipe, be sure to check out our full collection of the 14 best coffee cake recipes.
Cooking Time40 min
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9x2" baking pan.
- Bring water and molasses in saucepan to boiling.
- Stir in baking soda. Let cool.
- Beat sugar, eggs, and butter in bowl.
- In second bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Beat flour alternately with molasses, half at a time, into butter until well mixed. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and walnuts in small bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is coarsely crumbed.
- Sprinkle over gingerbread.
- Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, milk, and vanilla in small bowl until soft enough to drip from a spoon.
- If needed, add more milk for proper consistency.
- Drizzle over top of cake.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Cake"
Make any occasion special with these healthy cake recipes. This page includes ideas for birthday cake ideas, holiday cakes, and fun and fruity cakes. We guarantee that you'll find your new favorite cake recipe on this page.
There are no records