Devil’s Food Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Devil’s Food Cake is a classic one. This cake is moist and airy with a deep chocolate flavor…it’s delicious! A generous amount of cocoa powder as well as brewed coffee combine to create a chocolate cake that is packed with flavor. (If you’re not a coffee fan, don’t worry. The coffee accentuates the chocolate flavor without making the cake taste like coffee.) Traditionally, Devil’s Food Cake is topped with chocolate frosting. I decided to go a different direction here, and I frosted this cake with a classic 7-minute frosting. 7 minute frosting is a recipe that’s been around since the early 1900’s. It’s unique. While most frostings involve butter and powdered sugar, a 7 minute frosting uses granulated sugar and egg whites. The frosting is actually cooked over a gently simmering pot of water while you beat the frosting for 7 minutes with an electric mixer. (Yes, 7 minutes!) The result is a light and airy frosting that reminds me a lot of marshmallows. Yum!"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This 4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake is, hands down, the easiest dump cake you will ever make. It requires three ingredients… Continue reading: "4-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Glazed Eggnog Bread
- Butter Tart Waffles
- Easy Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Easy Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- Soft Cut-out Sugar Cookies
- How To Make Buttercream
- The Ultimate Skinny Pumpkin Pie
- Angel Biscuits
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Mini Sweet Potato Pie
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes