Classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake
You love easy cake recipes, especially popular ones that everyone enjoys again and again. This recipe for Classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake is so simple and tastes amazing! It uses only five ingredients, including pineapple cake mix. Pineapple upside down cakes are often made for special occasions and holidays, which is why you'll want to savor every last bite when you get a slice. The delicious pineapple flavor and unique preparation of this cake make it timeless. Make this cake at your next family reunion and watch as each generation of your family goes gaga.
More simple cake recipes are just a click away! Check out this collection of 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix.
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained and juice measured
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 10 red maraschino cherries
- 1 (16.5-ounce) boxed cake mix, Pineapple Supreme flavor
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch bake pan (or two 9-inch pans) with cooking spray. Cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan, lay it into the pan and rub to coat with the spray, then turn paper over, greased side up.
- Drain the pineapple slices and measure the juice in a measuring cup. Add water as necessary to make 1 cup liquid.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the bottom of the pan(s) and arrange circles of pineapple on top. Melt the butter and pour it over the brown sugar and pineapple, then place a cherry into the center of each pineapple circle.
- Place cake mix into large bowl of an electric mixer and with motor on low, beat in the cup of liquid plus the oil. Add the eggs one at a time and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed until completely smooth. Gently pour the batter into the pan(s) and smooth with a rubber spatula. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cool cake in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the pan onto a serving platter. Remove the parchment paper and allow to cool completely before serving.