Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Surprisingly easy cake to make, this Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake uses the ease of a cake mix and premade frosting. The premade frosting is actually hidden inside the cake between the layers. Added to that are delicious fresh bananas for that flavorful impact we all want in a dessert. The frosting on the top and sides is also super easy to make needing only 3 ingredients. This year-round cake is loaded with flavor without the fuss. "
Preparation Time10 min
Chilling Time1 hr
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking Vessel Size2 either 8" or 9" round cake pans
- 1 box Banana cake mix, plus ingredients required on box
- 1 (16-ounce) Tub of chocolate frosting
- 3 fresh bananas, thinly sliced
- 5 1/10 ounces box of Banana Cream instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces tub of Cool Whip
Bake cake as instructed on box using either 8" or 9" cake pans. Set aside to cool completely.
Make pudding frosting by mixing pudding powder into milk. (Put your milk in the bowl first with the beaters going before adding pudding powder to reduce clumping.) Add the Cool Whip and set aside.
Assemble cake: put 1st cake layer on plate, add approx. 1/2 cup chocolate frosting, add sliced bananas, add approx. 1/2 cup pudding frosting. Then add 2nd cake layer and repeat 1/2 cup choc. frosting, bananas, then frost rest of cake with pudding frosting.
There should be some pudding frosting left over for some fun decorating. Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Perfect for a family party or a potluck dinner, recipes with jello are always crowd-pleasers. Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is… Continue reading: "Strawberry Pretzel Saladvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Chicken Artichoke Soup With Rice
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Zuppa Toscana
- Boo Batter No Churn Ice Cream
- Lemon Curd Cocktail
- Pumpkin Pie Liqueur
- Homemade Eggnog
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles
- The Very Best Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- Starbuck’s Copycat Pumpkin Bread
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes