Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
There's nothing better than drinking a warm cup of coffee with a slice of coffee cake. This decadent coffee cake recipe is drizzled with a caramel topping, making it a must for any sweets lover. Courtesy of Amanda from Amanda's Cookin', enjoy this moist, heavenly recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups peeled apples, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, coarsley chopped
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy, gradually add sugar. Blend in oil and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake to serving platter.
- For the topping, combine all ingredients in a saucepan; boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly pour over warm cake. (Some topping will run down onto the serving plate.)
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Cake"
Make any occasion special with these healthy cake recipes. This page includes ideas for birthday cake ideas, holiday cakes, and fun and fruity cakes. We guarantee that you'll find your new favorite cake recipe on this page.
There are no records