Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
There's nothing better than drinking a warm cup of coffee with a slice of coffee cake. This decadent coffee cake recipe is drizzled with a caramel topping, making it a must for any sweets lover. Courtesy of Amanda from Amanda's Cookin', enjoy this moist, heavenly recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups peeled apples, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, coarsley chopped
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy, gradually add sugar. Blend in oil and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake to serving platter.
- For the topping, combine all ingredients in a saucepan; boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly pour over warm cake. (Some topping will run down onto the serving plate.)
Read NextButter Pecan Cake