Almond Raspberry Sour Cream Cake
Sweet almonds and tart raspberries blend perfectly with sour cream in this moist, delicious cake. Bake it this week and enjoy it with your family!
Cooking Time40 min
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 15 ounces sweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch baking pan. Line bottom with wax paper and set aside.
- Combine eggs, 3 tablespoons of the sour cream, the almond extract and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until mixed thoroughly. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, almonds, and salt in another bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed.
- Add butter and remaining sour cream. Beat until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 1-1/2 minutes.
- Gradually add egg mixture, one third at a time. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer batter to baking pan. Smooth surface with a spatula.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Cool cake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake with a knife. Transfer cake to a platter.
- Serve with raspberries.