Southern Fried Cabbage
Recipes with cabbage are great because, besides begin tasty, they're typically budget-friendly. That's the case with this fried cabbage recipe. The ground beef is seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic for simple flavor. The cabbage wilts down and mixes in perfectly with the ground beef. If you feel like it, add a bit of bacon. Southern Fried Cabbage is a terrific dinner that's quick to make, so give it a try this week.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch white sugar
- 3 slices of bacon, cut into thirds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fry ground beef just until done.
- Add onions, then cabbage and butter. Once the cabbage has wilted down a little, add the green pepper and seasonings. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.