Easy Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Recipes with ground beef always save the day when you are thinking of something delicious to do for dinner. By stuffing corn, ground beef and onions into a green peppers, you get this flavorful dish that kids and adults love. Made in under 45 minuteness it's as simple as it is delicious.
Serves4 (about 2 cups each)
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 1/2 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (about 8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium green peppers, cut lengthwise into quarters
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Stir 1/4 cup stuffing and butter in a medium bowl.
Cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Stir the tomatoes and corn in the skillet. Add the remaining stuffing and mix lightly.
Arrange the peppers, cut-side up, in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Spoon the beef mixture over the peppers. Cover the baking dish.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Sprinkle with the reserved stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the topping is golden.