Dollar Store Southwest Soup
If you are looking for some cheap meal ideas this soup is perfect for you. Dollar Store Southwest Soup is a hit with vegetarians and carnivores alike and, the best part is, many of the ingredients can be found on the shelves of most dollar stores!
To make this recipe healthier, opt for unsalted corn and low sodium broth and beans.
You can find more thrifty ideas and budget recipes from this author at mybargainbuddy.com.
- 2 cans vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni or any other small pasta, cooked according to package
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients (except cooked pasta) to a large soup pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add warm pasta immediately before serving (if you add it too soon, it will soak up all your broth). Serve with cornbread.