Crunchy Egg Breakfast Cups
Muffin tin recipes are all the rage and they work really well for breakfast recipes. Try something new in the world of breakfast with these too easy Crunchy Egg Breakfast Cups. With only a few ingredients and minimal prep, you've got an awesome breakfast.
Cooking Time25 min
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 6 slices of center cut bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 1 small Roma tomato, cut into thin slices
- 6 small slices of cheddar cheese (about the size of a cracker)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dried dill, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 6 standard size muffin cups in your tray. (If using a 12 cup tray, spread cups out, leaving empty tin in between).
- Use a rolling pin to flatten your bread slices slightly. Take a glass (with about a 4 1/4" round opening) to cut your bread into 8 rounds.
- Cut each round in half, then press 2 halves into each muffin cup. Make sure it's overlapping slightly, coming up to the edge of the cup.
- Use the extra bread pieces to patch up any gaps on the sides. Now brush each cup with melted butter.
- In a large skillet, cook your bacon until just crispy, usualy about 4 minutes, flipping once.
- Now back to the cups. Lay one piece of bacon into each cup, place a slice of tomato on top of that. Then a slice of cheese.
- Crack egg over that into each cup. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, dill and paprika.
- Place tray in oven, bake until egg whites are just set, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- When removing cup from tray, run a small knife around the cups to loosen. Serve immediately.