Baked Stuffed French Toast
Stuffed with cream cheese and raspberry jam, this baked french toast recipe is an interesting and delicious variation. Top this french toast off with the apricot sauce provided or raspberry syrup.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 16 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 8 ounces package whipped or low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 ounces jar apricot jam
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. and spray a large cookie sheet with Pam or a similar spray.
- Spread 8 slices of the bread with the cream cheese and the other 8 slices with the raspberry jam. Sandwich the cream cheese and jam slices together.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and vegetable oil in a shallow dish. Dip both sides of each sandwich in this mixture and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes each side, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the apricot sauce by putting the apricot jam in a saucepan with the apricot nectar. Let it bubble over medium heat, stirring to prevent sticking.
- To serve, cut the sandwiches into quarters or triangles. Arrange on 6-8 plates. Slice the bananas and scatter on top along with the raspberries. Then drizzle with the apricot sauce. Raspberry syrup or powdered sugar can be used instead of making the apricot sauce.
Find more Baked French Toast recipes at 11 Baked French Toast Recipes.
Read NextSausage Stuffed Biscuits and Gravy
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.