Dijon & Herb Rubbed Rib Roast with Chimichurri Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Beef rib roast rubbed with dijon mustard, rosemary, and steak seasoning blend, then roasted under a low temperature for the perfect tenderness. Pair it with an easy chimichurri sauce, this dijon and herb rubbed roast is going to steal the spotlight on your holiday table. For my rib roast in this recipe (this guy weights 7 pounds), I wanted it to be medium. According to the meat temperature guide on my fridge (Oh, I forgot to mention that it’s a magnet), I should remove the roast from the oven when the internal temperature of the meat register at 145°F. At 2.5-hour mark, my rib roast was done and it was perfect!"
NotesRib roast recipe adapted from Beef Loving Texans.
Preparation Time7 min
Cooking Time2 hr 30 min
- 1 beef rib roast Bone-In (2 to 4 ribs), small end, chine (back) bone removed (6 to 8 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh parsley
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup bone broth or water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine Dijon mustard, steak seasoning and rosemary in a small bowl. Mix well and rub onto each side of your rib roast.
Place the rib roast in a roasting pan, fat side up. Roast 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare; 2-1/2 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
When the roast is almost done, place all the ingredients for the chimichurri sauce in a food processor. Coarsely chop until blend.
Remove roast when a meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 145°F for medium doneness. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°-15°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
Carve roast into slices and serve the roast with the chimichurri sauce.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you love being able to have the best of both worlds when it comes to dessert and breakfast, you're going to adore this Heavenly… Continue reading: "Heavenly Cinnamon Bun Pievideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Italian Ricotta Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites With Maple Glaze
- After Eight Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Warm Bacon Chicken Spinach Dip Bread Ring
- Chicken Tostadas
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- Electric Skillet Classic Beef Stew
- Skillet Hash Brown Casserole
- Spice Rub Pork Chops
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes