We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"You’ve had sticky buns. But have you had savory sticky buns? I was on a Christmas recipe inspiration hunt last week and came across a beef sticky buns recipe that I just had to make. It’s because it’s got healthy vegetables like spinach and mushrooms, protein like lean ground beef, and carbs from a pizza dough. That’s exactly what I would want for a meal – all the nutrition, satisfaction, and flavor are combined in one dish. Plus, it’s such a fun recipe to make."
NotesRecipe adapted from Beef Loving Texans.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef (96% lean)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil or cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
Combine ground beef, chopped fresh sage or rubbed sage, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and red pepper flakes in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add the beef mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Transfer 2 cups beef mixture to a large bowl and set aside. Reserve the rest for another use.
Add oil in the same skillet, place onion and mushrooms and cook over medium heat; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add spinach to skillet; stir to wilt spinach.
Add vegetable mixture to the beef; set aside for a few minutes until the mixture cools down a little. Stir in cheese.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Unroll pizza dough on a flat surface; pat or roll dough evenly to 14 x 10-inch rectangle, pinching together any tears, if necessary.
Spread beef and vegetable mixture on dough, leaving 1/2 inch border on short side furthest from you. Starting at closest short end, roll up jelly-roll style, pinching to close. Slice dough into 8 pieces using serrated knife and careful sawing motion; place cut-side-up on greased baking sheet.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
One bite of this Fluffy Cream Puff Cake and you will fall in love. This easy dessert recipe combines pudding, Cool Whip, chocolate,… Continue reading: "Fluffy Cream Puff Cakevideocam"
- The Best Pot Roast Recipe
- Easy Crescent Cabbage & Beef Bundles
- Classic Salisbury Steak Recipe
- Traditional Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage
- The Best Pot Roast You've Ever Made
- Italian Pot Roast
- Mom's Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- Grandma Dorothy's Beef and Bean Hotdish
- Easy Beef Enchiladas
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes