Army SOS Creamed Ground Beef
The veterans in your family will appreciate this traditional recipe for Army SOS Creamed Ground Beef. If you're looking for easy recipes for ground beef, this army staple couldn't be simpler. Enjoy on toast, over noodles, or any variety of ways!
Find more budget-friendly dinner ideas in this collection of 26 Easy Ground Beef Recipes:
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons beef-flavored instant bouillon
- 3/4 cup non-fat dry milk
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- Brown beef in its own fat in skillet. Drain excess fat.
- Add flour, pepper, salt, and bouillon to beef. Mix thoroughly and cook about 5 minutes or until flour is absorbed.
- Reconstitute milk with water and add to beef mixture. Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat to a simmer, stirring frequently until thickened. Serve over toast, hash browns, biscuits, etc.