Easiest Fudge in the World
Get ready to enjoy the Easiest Fudge in the World! Fudge recipes just don't get any simpler than this. Make up a batch of these treats to give out as gifts this holiday season. I dare you not to eat them all first though!
- For Rocky Road Fudge, add 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows and 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted walnuts or pecans to fudge before scraping into pan.
- For Chunky Fudge, add 1 1/2 cups dark raisins and 1 cup chopped toasted peanuts.
- For Fudge X 3, divide recipe in half. Use bittersweet chocolate for one half and spread in pan. Use milk chocolate for second half and spread in pan on top of first half. While still soft, scatter 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips on top and press into surface with your fingers.
Yields40 large fudge squares
Chilling Time2 hr
- 2 pounds bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons (about 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cans (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Thoroughly coat all inside surfaces of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or in a large bowl in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in condensed milk and vanilla extract. The mixture should be completely smooth.
- Scrape fudge into prepared pan. Use a rubber spatula or your fingers to coax fudge into corners and into an even layer.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to cut. Cut into 40 squares (8 x 5).
Read NextUnbeatable Amish Pineapple Bars