Thai Three Melon Soup
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 2 pounds watermelon (about 1/4 small), peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 18 chilled, poached, peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce), for serving
- Combine the melons and pickled ginger in a food processor or blender and process until liquefied, about 1 minute (depending on the size of your food processor you may need to puree the melon in batches).
- Pour the puree into a nonreactive bowl and stir in the lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
- To serve, divide the soup among 6 icy-cold bowls or plates.
- Top each serving with 3 shrimp, a sprinkle of the herbs, and a splash of nam pla.
- This soup makes an exotic dessert if topped with a scoop of Orange-Ginger Sorbet instead of the shrimp and herbs.
- Or freeze it in a large shallow pan and scrape frozen soup into bowls for a refreshing granita.
Read NextSlow Cooker Korean Short Ribs
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.