Whole-Grain Toast Triangles with Hummus
Unexpected guests at your doorstep? Don't worry...this delicious appetizer recipe uses on-hand ingredients to make a delicious dip in a jiffy. Serve with toasted dark wheat bread for the ultimate snack.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time5 min
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 slices Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain 100% Natural German Dark Wheat Bread, toasted
Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until they're toasted. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic and sesame seeds into a food processor. Cover and process until the mixture is smooth, adding the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.
Cut the bread slices into triangles. Serve with the hummus.
Read NextHawaiian Cheese Ball Appetizer