Spicy Cheese Balls
When it's game time bite size snacks score points with those wild fans. Spicy Cheese Balls is a simple, fantastic appetizer recipe. Easy to make, easy to enjoy, easy to knock back, call the shots and ref your family's appetite.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Put the cream cheese, cheddar, garlic, parsley, cayenne and black peppers, and salt in a food processor. Process for 5 to 10 seconds, until well blended. Scrape the mixture into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread the chopped walnuts on a plate. Shape the cheese mixture into 35 to 40 small cheese balls, each about the size of a large marble. Roll each cheese ball in the walnuts, coating the outside (you may have to press a little to ensure sticking).
- Serve the cheese balls on a large platter. You can put a toothpick in each ball, but you could also surround them with crackers and let guests use their hands. It all depends on what kind of party you’re having.
Read NextMouthwatering Stuffed Mushrooms