Robust Bubble Bread
Slammed with flavor, Bubble Bread is a favorite in my household. Made with fresh garlic and prosciutto, this is one of the best appetizer recipes that you can enjoy any time of the year.
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut on the diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the broiler Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil until golden brown on both sides (this happens very quickly).
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl, using a whisk. When light and fluffy, whisk in the garlic, prosciutto, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, and the pepper. Spread one side of each bread slice with a thin layer of cream cheese.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Spread the garlic mixture on top and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Just before serving, run the bread slices under a hot broiler until the topping is hot and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, the bread can be baked in a 400 degrees F oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Serve at once.
Read NextBaby Blooming Onions