Pretty Party Pinwheels
If you're looking for appetizer recipes that will totally "Wow" your crowd, then you must try these delicious Pretty Party Pinwheels. An easy appetizer that uses tortillas, cream cheese, and loads of other flavorful ingredients, this is sure a winner! Our #1 desire for a recipe is taste, of course, but close behind is appearance. These pinwheels rank well in that department, as you can see from the photo. Pretty and delicious? Now that's a win-win.
- 2 jalapeo chiles, quartered (leave the seeds in if you like it hotter)
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 of a (0.4-ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 5 cups loosely packed fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 5 to 7 Roma tomatoes, seeded and very thinly sliced
- salsa or Louisiana-style hot sauce, for serving
- Put the jalapenos and onions in a food processor, and process for 3 to 5 seconds, until well chopped.
- Add the cream cheese, dressing mix, and pepper, and process again until all is well mixed.
- Using a spatula or butter knife, spread the mixture evenly over one side of each flour tortilla.
- Arrange 1⁄2 cup spinach and a few tomato slices on top of the mixture on each tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla, making a tight roll. Once all are rolled and stacked on a plate, cover with plastic wrap or foil and put them in the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, slice each rolled tortilla into 1⁄2-inch-thick rounds. Arrange attractively on a serving platter.
- Serve with salsa or Louisiana-style hot sauce on the side.
Read NextGrape Jelly Meatballs