Perfectly Stuffed Deviled Eggs
Celery, onion and bacon add some delicious flavor to this deviled egg recipe. This is the perfect recipe for parties and holidays.
Like this recipe? Then you'll love our collection of 10 Easy Deviled Eggs Recipes!
- 6 large or extra-large eggs
- 4 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons celery, very finely diced
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons bacon, finely crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Stuffed olives, sliced
- Put eggs in one layer in medium saucepan. Cover with cold water and slowly bring to boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain hot water from eggs and cover with cold water to cool. Peel eggs, slice in half lengthwise and separate yolks and whites, placing yolks in medium mixing bowl. Reserve egg whites on plate.
- Mash egg yolks with fork until well broken up. Add crushed crackers, onion, celery, and bacon (if using) to egg yolks, tossing together. Stir in mayonnaise and mustard until well mixed. If egg yolk mixture is too dry, add additional mayonnaise or a small amount of cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pipe or spoon egg yolk mixture into egg white halves. Press olive slice into top of egg, and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Serve immediately or refrigerate. If refrigerating, remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Read NextOnion Dip