Mama J's Garlic Toast
This is a recipe of my mother's that I have been making for years. The paprika sprinkled with the cheese gives this bread a beautiful color and delicious flavor. For one of the best garlic bread recipes ever try this Mama J's Garlic Toast.
Cooking Time10 min
- 1 14inch loaf French bread
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup (about 1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Rub one garlic clove over the crust of the bread.
- Press the rest of the garlic you just rubbed over the crust, and the remaining clove, through a garlic press into the melted butter.
- Brush the cut surface of the bread generously with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and paprika. Sprinkle the mixture over the butter coated surface of the bread.
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet, cut side up, and bake 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned.