Chris' Deviled Eggs
Chris' deviled eggs really pack a punch! This take on traditional deviled eggs is loaded with spice as it calls for cayenne, cardamom, coriander, cumin and curry powder.
- 6 hardboiled eggs, halved lengthwise, whites and yolks separated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Red leaf lettuce
- Mash egg yolks with fork. Mix in mayonnaise to desired consistency. Add spices to taste and mix well.
- Press through sieve to remove lumps and fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. (In a pinch, use a Ziploc bag - cutting the corner diagonally with pinking shears!)
- On a platter, arrange egg white halves on a bed of red lettuce leaves. Pipe yolk mixture into each white. Drop a few capers on top of each filled egg. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Read NextCream Cheese Fruit Dip