Angels on Horseback
This delicious shrimp appetizer is a definite crowd pleaser. Marinating the shrimp overnight gives them a great flavor. This is a great dish for impressing guests at a dinner party.
- Use only white bread crumbs, brown crumbs or crusts will brown too fast during cooking.
- Alternative method of preparation: Saute shrimp in combination of half butter and half cooking oil. When done, remove from skillet. Reduce marinade in skillet, pour over shrimp and serve.
- Like this appetizer recipe and want more? Download the 39 Appetizers and Party Pleasers free eCookbook!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 12 large shrimp, peeled
- plain white breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 thin slices smoked bacon, cut in half
- paprika or white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or crisp dry wine
- 2 slices low-moisture Mozzarella cheese
Combine marinade ingredients. Marinate shrimp overnight in mixture.
Remove shrimp from marinade. Immediately roll, undrained, in bread crumbs. Place on combination broiling and serving platter. Dribble melted butter over shrimp.
Wrap bacon around shrimp. Season with paprika (or white pepper), lemon juice (or crisp dry wine), and top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Add marinade to 1/8 in. in bottom of broiler pan. Broil slowly on low heat until done.
Read NextBlast from the Past Broccoli Bites