Great Beer Cheese Soup
These beer cheese soup combines everyone's favorite flavors into a creamy, cheesy soup that will really hit the spot. By using Velveeta, this recipe is quick, easy, and most importantly, delicious!
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 cups carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 2 cups onion (chopped)
- Little flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds Velveeta cheese
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cans beer
- Melt butter in a large pan. Then add chopped carrots, onion and celery and saute until tender.
- Add enough flour to soak up butter, then add chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese slowly (still stirring constantly).
- When the cheese has melted, take off burner and add beer slowly, as it tends to foam quite a bit. Serve with crusty bread.