We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"picked plant-based Ponzu sauce for those vegetarian tacos. If you are not familiar with Ponzu sauce, it’s a citrus-based sauce commonly used in Japanese cuisine. I discovered that basil and ponzu complement each other very well. That’s what I did to season the peppers and mushrooms with a little brown sugar to help enhance the flavor. o make the tacos, place the veggies in the center of a tortilla and top with your favorite salsa and cheese. I made green salsa for these tacos. You can find the green salsa recipe here along with two other authentic Mexican salsa I learned in Mexico. If you use a regular salsa, feel free to add some avocados to the tacos. Omit the cheese if vegan. It turns out that the vegetarian dude is actually vegan. Thankfully, I put the cheese aside when I served the tacos to the handymen. Even if you don’t make tacos, the stir-fried bell peppers and mushrooms with the Ponzu sauce is a very savory vegetable dish by itself. Plus, it’s really quick to put together."
NotesI used this salsa verde recipe:https://www.delishplan.com/authentic-mexican-salsa-trilogy
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons Ponzu sauce lime flavor
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salsa of your choice (I used homemade salsa verde)
In a large nonstick skillet, heat up coconut oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and bell peppers to the skillet. Add a pinch of salt. Sauté and cook until the vegetables start becoming tender, about 5 minutes.
Add Ponzu sauce, dried basil and brown sugar. Stir slowly and let the sauce and spices to combine evenly. Remove from heat.
Place the vegetables in the center of a tortilla, add a couple fresh basil leaves if using, drizzle with green salsa and cheese. (Omit the cheese if vegan.) Enjoy!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Perfect Potluck Cucumber Salad is the food that everyone will be talking about when you bring it to your next potluck. This is a… Continue reading: "Perfect Potluck Cucumber Saladvideocam"
- Kick off lent with these delicious meatless stuffed peppers!
- Mashed turnips
- Easy Black Beans and Rice Veggie Skillet
- Garden Tomato Caprese Tart
- Quick Shrikhand Dessert
- Italian Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Meatless Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Creepy Marzipan Insect
- Melanzane Parmigiana
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- CREAMY RANCH SLOW COOKER CHICKEN
- SLOW COOKER CREAMY RANCH PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES
- CROCK POT CHICKEN ALFREDO
- CROCK POT HONEY BOURBON CHICKEN
- SLOW COOKER CINNAMON SUGAR CANDIED ALMONDS
- CROCK POT KING RANCH CHICKEN
- SLOW COOKER GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
- BAKED RED AND WHITE MOSTACCIOLI
- CHEESY ASPARAGUS PUFFS
- TURKEY & STUFFING AIR FRYER EGG ROLLS
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes