Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burgers
Better than a real burger, this fantastic black bean burger recipe is a must. With a great texture, the sweet potato adds a hint of sweetness that will keep you coming back bite after bite. From Leanne and Around the Table, make it for dinner tonight.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon no-salt-added chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to mix. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Place patties on the baking sheet and bake, turning once half way through cooking, until browned and slightly crisp on the outside, about 30 minutes.
- To freeze the burgers, bake and cool them, then wrap in foil or freezer-safe wrap; unwrap the burgers and reheat them in the microwave, or place them on a parchment-lined pan and bake in a 300 degrees F oven until hot, about 25 minutes.