Eggplant Caprese Style
All it takes is six simple ingredients to whip up this succulent recipe for Eggplant Caprese Style. Between the ripe red tomatoes, the richly colored eggplant, and the fresh green basil, this caprese pasta is a feast for the eyes as much as the palate!
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 cups (to 3) shredded mozzarella
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- Slice your eggplant into round discs roughly 3/4 to 1 inch in width. Salt both sides of each slice and lay them out to sweat on paper towels for 45 minutes (or an hour if you have the time/patience).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. When the eggplant is done sweating, pat each piece dry with a paper towel; then lay them flat on a greased cookie sheet. Drizzle each piece with olive oil and then pop it in the oven for 12 minutes.
- While the eggplant starts to roast, cut the tomatoes into slices. Also slice 10-15 basil leaves into strips.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven; cover each piece with one slice of tomato and a few strips of basil (more or less depending on your feelings about basil).
- Top each piece with a small handful of mozzarella. Place the tray into the oven for 8 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Enjoy alone or over pasta.
Read NextCheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread