Buffalo Tofu Wings
Love the spiciness of Buffalo wings but don't want to eat chicken? Then here is your lucky recipe! This is a great alternative for you and your vegetarian friends to enjoy all the flavor of Buffalo wings without the meat. It uses tofu instead, and this "chicken" wing recipe tastes awesome!
You can also use Morningstar Farms' Chik sticks as another chicken substitute. I use them to make sweet/sour "chicken" and they are great.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 blocks firm tofu, drained
- egg whites
- bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/4 stick butter
- Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces, then coat with egg whites/bread crumbs.
- Heat oil for deep-frying at 350°F.
- Deep fry all pieces till crisp and golden.
- Melt butter and combine with hot sauce (I usually do this in microwave).
- Pour over tofu in casserole dish.
- Eat with celery.
Read NextQuick and Easy Vegetable Lasagna