Tofu Stew is an easy vegan recipe chock full of delicious and healthy veggies. Get nutrition and taste in one big package with this fast easy vegan recipe.
Cooking Time40 min
- 2 cups water
- 1 sweet potato, sliced then cut in diamond shapes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 turnip, sliced then cut in diamond shapes
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup sake
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch piece fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a pot, combine water, sweet potato, onion, celery, mushrooms, turnip, soy, mirin, sake, garlic and ginger. Cover and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash and tofu and simmer another 10 minutes or so.
- Season to taste with pepper. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Read NextHealthy Vegan Granola