Spinach Stuffed Turkey Meat Loaf
Who says that meatloaf has to be boring? This Spinach Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf recipe is both delicious and healthy. Stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, oatmeal and mozzarella cheese, this is not your average meatloaf recipe. Even if you're not a big fan of oatmeal or spinach, you may still like this dinner. They blend in well with the rest of the meatloaf, so you may not even notice they're there! Try this jam-packed meatloaf for dinner this week.
For more yummy meatloaf recipes, be sure to download our free eCookbook, 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time40 min
- 1 cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray skillet with no-stick cooking spray.
- Cook mushrooms and onion over medium-low heat about 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in spinach, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Combine turkey, oats, milk, egg and seasonings; mix well.
- Spoon 2/3 of turkey mixture lengthwise down center of 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
- Form a deep indentation down middle of turkey; fill indentation with spinach.
- Top with remaining turkey, sealing edges to completely cover spinach filling.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese; return to oven 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.