We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"The traditional way of cooking turkey is to roast it in the oven, but I can tell you turkey cooked in the smoker just adds a touch of class to your festive celebrations. Although any time of the year is a good time to cook turkey in the USA, Thanksgiving and Christmas offer you the opportunity to do something special with your family and friends. Smokers aren't just for cooking ribs. Get adventurous and smoke your turkey for the festive season"
Preparation Time2 hr
Cooking Time7 hr
- 12 (12-ounce) turkey brined,
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt, ground sea
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon paprika, mild
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger, powdered
- 1 stick butter, 1/4 lb (120 grams)
- 1 cup chicken stock or turkey stock
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning or paprika
Brine your turkey for a minimum 1 hour per pound in the refrigerator. Remove turkey from brining solution and dry totally with kitchen paper. Allow to come up to room temperature.
Mix together the wet rub ingredients and apply liberally over the turkey. Prepare the butter baste. Place the turkey in the pre-heated smoker, following the manufacturer's instructions. I cooked at a temperature of 225 f (110 c) and I used Jack Daniels wood chips.
Cook for approximately 30 - 40 minutes per pound basting the turkey with the prepared butter baste each hour. I used a meat thermometer to determine when to remove the turkey from the smoker. It needs to register 170 f (75 c) in the thick part of the thigh and 160 (71 c) for the breast. Allow to rest for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before carving.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Frittata with zucchini and brown rice
- Authentic Spanish Croquettes with Spinach
- Cheese Eggplant Pasta Casserole
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Pulled Pork Chili
- Little Potato Galette
- Lemon Chess Pie
- Homemade Alphabet Soup
- Balkan Cornbread
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes