Real Tomato Soup
You haven't had a tomato soup recipe like this. Homemade is the keyword in this Real Tomato Soup recipe, it's truly amazing.
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and quartered or 16-ounce can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 of a 6-ounce can (1/3 cup) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons lime juice OR lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- If desired, seed the fresh tomatoes.
- In a large saucepan combine fresh tomatoes or undrained canned tomatoes, water, onion, celery, tomato paste, parsley, chicken bouillon granules, lime juice or lemon juice, sugar and the hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered about 20 minutes or till celery and onion are very tender. Cool the mixture slightly.
- Place one-third of the mixture in a blender container. Cover and blend till smooth. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Return all of the mixture to the saucepan; heat through. If desired, garnish with additional parsley.
Read NextRavioli Soup