Lucky Southern Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Perfect for New Year's Day (or any other cool evening), this Southern Chili recipe is a reader favorite! It's loaded with Cajun seasoning, black eyed peas, pork sausage and ground beef for an easy dinner that's full of flavor. Black-eyed peas are a must on New Year’s Day, right? No matter what we had going on, where we were, or who else was around our table, my Mom always served black-eyed peas with our first dinner of the New Year…along with the other usual suspects of pork, greens and cornbread. Southern superstition tells us that these foods bring prosperity in the New Year, so who am I to argue with tradition?! A reader named Patti sent me her Southern Chili recipe last year, and I'm finally getting around to sharing it here on the blog. I love that it combines some of our "good luck" foods (pork, black eyed peas, and cornbread) for a fun twist on the traditional New Year's Day dinner. "
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time45 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
If you've ever had a king ranch chicken casserole before, you'll have an idea of what this soup is all about. It's basically just a… Continue reading: "The King of Chicken Soupsvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Lemon Chicken
- Country-style Spanish Potato Omelette
- Dalgona Style Whipped Strawberry Topping
- Frozen Chocolate-covered Bananas
- Instant Pot Fruit Loops Rainbow Bundt Cake
- The Easiest Banana Bread Recipe
- Easy Homemade Ramen Recipe
- Cherry Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 2 Ingredient Fudge
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes